The beaches of Sanibel Island have so much to offer from Sunrise to Sunset. Gentle and soothing waves, an endless array of shells and more than occasional near-shore sandbars, just outside your door. We’re not the only one who know just how special our beaches are. 2012, USA Today lists of “10 great places for families to escape the snow” and the “best beach towns in Florida.”
- Bowman’s Beach – Known for its wildlife, seclusion, nesting birds and sea turtles, there is also a playground and picnic area for families. Located off Sanibel-Captiva Rd on Bowman’s Beach Rd, you must first hike through a wooded area and over an estuary bridge. Sherman Travel Website ranked Bowman’s Beach on Sanibel Island #1 among the Top 10 Secluded Beaches in an article posted June 2009, calling it “Sanibel’s most peaceful place.”
- Causeway Islands Beach Parks – There are three islands located both sides of Causeway road as you approach Sanibel Island. Ideals spots for windsurfing, kitesurfing, swimming and fishing!
Lighthouse Beach – This is the site of our historic and functioning lighthouse! Located east end of Periwinkle Way, the beach wraps itself around the Gulf of Mexico to the Bay at the eastern tip of the island.
- Gulfside City Park – During the summer season, this beach is prevalent to loggerhead turtles! Picnic tables, and shady trees make this spot popular for families. Parking fees apply. Located on Algiers Land off Casa Ybel Road.
- Tarpon Bay Beach – Easily accessible, however, it is a brisk walk to the beach. Pack lightly or drop off at the entrance before parking. Located on Sanibel-Captiva Rd at Blind Pass, parking for recreational vehicles is available. Located at the south end of Tarpon Bay Road at West Gulf Drive; parking on Tarpon Bay Rd.
- Blind/Pass Turner Bay Beach – Located between the islands of Sanibel and Captiva, this stretch of beach is popular with sun gazers, fishermen and shell-seekers alike. Public parking is limited and is located off Sanibel-Captiva Rd at Blind Pass.
View Sandalfoot Condominium Local Beaches in a larger map