For your convenience, you can rent bikes directly from the Sandalfoot office! Billy’s also offers a full range of bike rentals, scooters, beach, and specialty items.
For a popular new Eco-Friendly way to see the island, try hopping aboard a Segway scooter also available from Billy’s Bike Rentals. Enjoy a 90-minute tour of Sanibel Island on Segway’s. No experience necessary! Please call in advance for reservations and guided tour schedules.
With more than 65 miles of bike trails, it’s important to take a moment to go over some important regulations. These trails are also shared with walkers, rollerbladers and joggers, so they’re important to observe.
- Ride on the right
- Pass on the left after providing an audible warning as simple as ringing your bike bell, or saying, ‘passing on your left.”
- Signal your moves to let others know your either slowing down turning or stopping.
- Always wear a helmet! (Helmets are required for those 16 years of age or younger.)
- Don’t wear earphones!
- Be visible at night.
- Give right of way to pedestrians.
- Take extra care at driveways, especially along commercial sections on Periwinkle Way.
- Report all accidents or crashes. If a non-emergency, contact the Sanibel Police Department at 239.472.3111. For all medical emergencies, dial 911
Billy’s Bike Rentals
Rent performance road bikes and shop for bikes, accessories and clothing. Flat tires repaired while you wait. Expert repairs, island-friendly advice.
Located at: 1509 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, FL 33957
Rent bicycles daily or weekly at great prices. Hourly rentals available. 1- and 7-speed bikes; 21-speed comfort bikes; bikes for children; joggers; child trailers; trail-a-bikes; 4-wheel bikes with canopy; tandems; also, adult trikes and recumbent bikes & trikes. All bikes come with bells and baskets. Baby seats, maps, locks and helmets provided free of charge. Delivery and pickup for a multi-day rental upon request. Also available for rent are metal detectors, tennis rackets, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, fishing equipment, boogie boards, skim boards and paddleboards. Open daily 9am-4pm.
Located at: 2353 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, FL 33957