You won’t suffer from boredom while staying at Sandalfoot Beachfront Condominium, there are far too many great activities and fun things to do!
Try Shelling on Sanibel
Walk miles of beautiful white sand beaches. The shelling on our beaches is simply legendary. Look for seashells on what is believed by many to be one of top five shelling beaches in the world. You can watch the sunrise while visiting the historical Sanibel Lighthouse (just 1 mile away from Sandalfoot) and then later, watch the sunset while having dinner at the Mucky Duck on Captiva.
Sanibel Island Bike Rides
Over 25 miles of peaceful biking trails that cover the island, winding mile after mile alongside quaint one-of-a-kind shops and lush tropical island foliage, which provides refuge to our wildlife. Imagine hopping on your bike and seeing a bald eagle flying overhead, or watching white pelicans gather for respite from their long northern decent. Certainly not your typical afternoon bike ride!
More Great Activities to Try
You can enjoy all of your favorite outdoor activities at any time of the year while on Sanibel Island.
- Take a guided Canoe or Kayak tour of the bay area at Tarpon Bay Explorers. By the way, they have some great educational programs for the kids!
- See the unbelievable selection of exotic birds at Periwinkle Park Campgrounds. Just ask the guard at the gate for access.
- Try your hand at Windsurfing or Kiteboarding.
- Wander through the incredible nature preserves that encompass over 60% of the island and see wildlife in some of the most natural settings you’ve ever seen – JN “Ding” Darling is most famous of the preserves, they have a great museum and gift shop.
Art or History more your thing?
- Enjoy live theater at the BIG ARTS Herb Strauss Theater, which seats 160 people for a very engaging and intimate performance or visit the BIG ARTS Art Gallery and walk through two separate galleries.
- Visit some unique museums, including the most comprehensive shell museum in the country, The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum, or the Sanibel Historical Museum & Village.
Our Favorite Activities
Need more ideas? Here’s a list of some of our favorite activities we think you’ll enjoy!
- Rent a boat, take a dinner cruise, or circle the island on the “Sanibel Thriller” and watch the dolphins jump in the wake. Or, take a boat excursion to some of the exclusive islands just north of Captiva, such as Cayo Costa or Boca Grande.
- Go fishing in the bay, on the beach, or take a fishing charter to one of dozens of popular fishing spots.
- Go Snorkeling or Scuba Diving (Sanibel Island Cruise Line).
- Enjoy shopping at dozens of independently owned shops – Periwinkle Shops Plaza is really nice and lots of fun.
- Enjoy dining at over 60 independently owned and very unique restaurants (no chains allowed) followed by some of the best homemade ice cream you’ve ever had (be prepared to wait in line) at Pinocchio’s, located on the East End of Sanibel Island, endorsed by Oprah!
- Visit CROW, the Clinic for Rehabilitation of Wildlife, dedicated to restoring the health of Florida island’s wildlife, a great education opportunity for adults and kids.
- Play Golf at one of 2 very scenic golf courses located on island.
- Go to a movie (Island Cinemas), and stop in Bailey’s General Grocery Store, Sam Bailey was one of the most well know island residents
Still not sure what you what to do first? TripAdvisor offers suggestions and reviews to help you decide or our vacation specialists would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at 800.725.2250.